Thursday, April 23, 2009

An update on my neighbour - blind man hit by school bus

I still see lots of hits on Rick's sad story.

So, I thought I'd give an update. It turns out that the school bus driver will not be charged with vehicular manslaughter after all, the charge has been reduced to negligent driving - a small fine and two demerit points.

There is something very wrong in this and it makes me wonder about this company:
Stock Transportation. Apparantly, they've been very busy buying up and taking over contracts all over Ontario.

I'll keep you all posted on any other developments. I hope that the family's civil suit will be launched and those responsible held to justice. This woman driver should never be allowed to drive again, it is afterall a privilege NOT a right.

Edited to add a link back to my first report on this tragic event:
Blind Man hit by School Bus

No comments: